Thursday 13 October 2016

Get to the point -CC3

Have you ever been to heaven?


Yes i have been there


I am going to share the experience I had when I went to my friend, Prasad’s marriage. He’s my colleague and he was my roommate too.


And as usual, even though the entire office was invited, only two from our office could made it to his wedding. Anand and me took train to Mangalore from Chennai. It took around 15 hours to reach Mangalore. And that was one of the longest journeys of my life.


Since only two of us went, we planned to stay in Prasad’s house.


After reaching Mangalore, the journey continued for another two hours, because Prasad’s native was two hours away from Mangalore. We boarded the bus towards his native, but I was really scared because the roads were full of hairpin turns, blind curves, uphill and downhill. But the bus driver drove the bus so sensibly.


When we got down at the destination, Prasad’s Father was waiting for us in his new Omni car. I got surprised seeing the car, and asked him, Still how far is his house? He said it was around two kms away. And so the adventure continued. The roads were not proper and there was a 1000meter slope towards the left side of our car. The wheel was so close to the slope.


After travelling around one km, we saw a house and he said that this was their neighbor’s house. Then out of curiosity I asked him where was his house? He smiled and replied, we still need to go another kilometer.


It was the monsoon season and hence the roads were filled with water.


Finally, we reached their car parking, where Prasad was standing to receive us. Prasad and me work on the same project. We rode around the city in the same bike and we stayed together for 8 months. But I’ve never seen him in a such an environment and so enthusiastic too.


Since, I couldn’t find any house nearby, I asked ‘If this is the car parking, then where is your house?’. He pointed out to the small mountain beside us and said it was there. I couldn’t find any house on that hill because all I could see was only coconut trees and arecanut trees. I really was surprised to see them having their car parking in one hill and their house in another hill. Since there was no road, the possibility to reach their home was on foot. We started descending the current hill. The stones were carved into steps which has a lot of fungus. There was a small stream flowing on the pathway with crystal clear water. Usually we cover such streams with concrete or metal to walk above the stream, but over there they covered it with areca nut tree. We walked above the stream and reached their farm.


There were tall Areca Nut trees which had green pepper creeper all over its bark. And in between areca nut trees, there were a lot of greenish banana plants. Except for the pathway, rest of the place was filled with plants and trees. Then, I heard a waterfall sound, which made me look around and to my surprise, I saw a small and beautiful waterfall, on my left side. The water in the  stream was flowing like a river and there were fishes swimming in it.


Further, we continued walking, and found a well on my right. Usually wells are mostly either dry or water will be so low. But in that well, the water was overflowing. The walls of the well were covered with green betel creeper. The well was surrounded with reddish cocoa trees. And as usual, I plucked a cocoa bean and ate it. The taste was totally different. I had never tasted anything like that.


After that we started climbing towards the next hill. There were Rose flowers over there, which smiled and welcomed us. Then, we saw Prasad’s beautiful cottage house. It was surrounded by trees. To the right side of the house, there was a cowshed and a greenhouse. On the front of the house, they had lot of plants like lady’s finger, tomato, beans and cucumber, for their house needs. And to the left side of their house, I saw a lot of Guava, Pomegranate, Jackfruit and Mango trees.


Prasad’s family welcomed us with huge smiles on their faces. His family is a joint family with around fifteen people. I started memorising few kannada words that I learnt from Prasad. Because they knew only kannada, but I only knew english and tamil. And as usual I started communicating with my body language like. Whenever I spoke the words I memorised from Prasad to them, they got excited and said ‘Wow! Varatharaj speaks kannada so well !’.
On that night, I had a very severe stomach pain and asked Prasad that shall we go to any hospital. But Prasad suddenly went to his kitchen and brought some buttermilk mixed with some other ingredient. I drank that and after a while, my stomach pain vanished. I was surprised and asked him what medicine he added in it. He laughed and said that was the powder of pomegranate skin. In their place, if anyone has any medical problem, they try to solve them by such natural things, because there were no hospitals nearby. But most of the time the natural medicine they consumed will cure their problem and they won’t have the need to go to a hospital.

they solved most of the health issue using natural things. Very very rare they hit to the hospital. But here if we feel tired we will go to hospital. What every medicine you take will fall under two category.

Risk,benefit like
low risk  low benefit
low risk  high benefit
High risk  low benefit
High risk  high benefit

Which are the medicine are come under high risk our government will ban it.
But natural ingredient  0 rish 100% benefit.



.The next day was Prasad’s marriage. It was one of the best marriage, I have ever attended. There were no crackers, spray, dowry or giving money. There was a 6 hours long traditional Pooja, because they were an orthodox Brahmin family. And another important thing to note about their culture is their food.All the recipes they prepared was full of ghee. I was surprised to see that no one wasted even a single grain of rice and everyone stood up together after everyone finished their meal.

Just think about how many of us wasted food on function and restaurant in UK if you will waste the food then you  have to pay more excess money for that they consider as a crime  but here. we added superfluous food and take only 70 percent of that  remaining will be waste. That 70% food is more than your needed. If you are not control your food  i would valendlarly add Doctores most waster list  either diabetes or obesity be careful friends child obesity is biggest problem for us in feature.    

Because of the happy respective and responsible  people I met, pure air, clean water, greenish trees and plants, calm environment, no synthetic medicines, no pollution and good food, made me feel like I was in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment